Sunday, August 30, 2009

Of Funeral, Tutoring my Cousins, Suprised Shopping, and Chatting Jap-Culture

The other day, not so long ago, my grand-uncle passed away. I didn't really feel sad and devastated. In fact, I felt happy and relieved because he is finally free to move on, faraway from his suffering and illness and off to the other side to meet with his old friends and relatives. So I went to his funeral rather happily. I ate a lot of stuffs (OMG! Funeral foods are so delicious!) such as Laksa, Chicken porridge, Chinese kuih, more Laksa, Fried pork, ABC sup, Lotus rot and groundnut sup, Salted veggie and tofu sup, etc... I also met and chatted with so many people because most of my relatives were there (My grand-uncle was a great man when he was alive!). I catchede up with my cousins on their lives, I asked how my garnny and grand-aunts and other grand-uncles are doing, I repeated that I'm doing my Master degree now like a gazillion times, even to my dad's friends that I haven't really met before! After the funeral, we sent our condolences again to his family...

And I went to my aunt's house to tutor my cousins (all five of them) in SPM, PMR and UPSR. Truth be told, tutoring my own cousins is way more difficult than tutoring stranger. Due to our bonds (FYI, I'm defending champion in the unofficial poll of most popular cousin...LOL), they were not really taking my tuition seriously. They tend to drift away into their phone texting, favorite TV shows and shopping planning. But I couldn't blame them la. They are still my cousins and they were on holidays. Hence, I tried my best to tutor them whenever they were in the mood to study. FYI, this always and definitely happened after I called my aunt and asked her to come check on us. Sneaky! I know! But hey! It worked!!!

After nearly completing our revision, we were brought out to AutoCity by my uncle and aunt for dinner. We switched restaurants twice, thanks to my picky-without-no-real-decision-on-where-to-eat cousins and finally settled on BOSTON. The dinner was awesome because we were food swapping like nobody's business and everybody gets to eat everything! (PSA: You can only do so if you're 100% sure that you are all healthy and have clean mouth hygiene! Seriously!) After dinner, we went walking around AutoCity. And I got an absolutely cool watch from one of the booths. I wasn't planning to buy anything so it was awesome that I got something so marvelous!

Before I came back here, We met up with my uncle's Japanese friend Mr Kobayashi and he introduced us to his younger daughter Miho-san. She was so cute and friendly. Her English is so-so but we had a great time chatting about Animes, Mangas, Japanese series, Harajuku, Nagasaki, Hiroshima, Japanese temples, and Japanese festivals... She even invited us all to Japan!!! Hahaha... Maybe we will go there afterall, in the future, not now definitely!

So spending times with my family makes me so awesomely happy and kinda recharged my energy and spirits a lot! I love my family! So much that I am missing them now! Looking forward to my next trip home... O_0

No comments: