Saturday, July 4, 2009

BAd ChiNeSe...

Ok. I'm turning into a bad Chinese. FYI, I'm not being racist but do you know that Chinese pride ourselves in our super-duper-awesomely superior Mathematics skills? We invented the 'Xuan Pan' and we are super-duper-awesomely meticulous when it come to money-matters. For us, there's always a very crystal clear line that separate family, friendship, and whatever-relationship with MONEY! We tend to be very formal, or rather cold and calculative when it comes to money...We try to not owe anybody money, we make damn sure that NOBODY owes us money... Money is like our energeons...

Points of Being Good Chinese

1) I took less than 60 seconds to calculate how much everybody had to pay me for group dinner/lunch or in sharing birthday/wedding gifts. Condition: The receipts must be preserved for the smoothness of my calculation flow and as proof.

2) I always take receipts whenever I get something. Anything without receipt, I won't get it or I would get it somewhere which is able to issue me receipt.

3) I have successfully helped my friends a gazillion times in getting back their money from their IOUs.

4) I was educated by my parents and my Chinese friends that Subtlety and Formality is the best tools to get money when Punctuality failed.

5) I'm a calculative person when I'm getting stuffs i.e. I have to plan my shopping list -> do market survey and pricing comparision -> filter my shopping list through the necessity and frequency of usage scanners that I was born with in my brain (just like any other Chinese) -> and then only I will do my shopping.

6) I keep tab on my daily expenditure. What I eat (since I have a super-massive blackhole in my stomach), What I get, What I share, What I pay for, etc. This is to ensure that I'm will not exceed my daily expenditure.

7) I pride myself for the Absolutely Awesome management of the clarity and structure of my Absolutely Awesome records and memory regarding money.

So having said the above, why am I turning into a bad Chinese?

Point 5 and 6 were broken this week when I went to Alamanda Shopping Mall...

By a pair of Awesome Espirit shirt, on sale with 50% discount. I tried it (was kidding myself that "Feeling the shirt is an essential part of me doing my Market Survey), it felt Awesome on my skin. And most importantly, I looked damn HOT and SEXY with it on me. Hence I bought it there and then...

I think Point 7 was automatically broken too since Point 5 and 6 were broken...

But, it's OK! The shirt was on 50% discount. And I looked damn HOT and SEXY with it on me.

No comments: